In addition to equity investments, the Southern Appalachian
Fund (SAF) can provide operational assistance (OA) to its actual
and potential portfolio companies at no cost to those companies.
SAF’s OA program is tailored to meet the specific needs
of each individual company.
OA services can include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Writing or assisting in the preparation of business plan
- Legal assistance relating to business formation or reorganization
(but not litigation)
- Recruitment of executives
- Creation of Internet capability
- Engineering or other technical services to create or enhance
production or distribution of products or services
- Creation of customized accounting or information systems
- Active participation in negotiation with financial institutions
Companies interested in receiving an investment from SAF should
give serious thought to the types of professional assistance they
SAF’s OA is funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Small
Business Administration (SBA) (Grant # SBAHQ-03-G-0005). SBA's
funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions, or services.
All SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory